> Resource > 5 Reasons You Need a Contract Attorney
5 Reasons You Need a Contract Attorney
- Posted at 12/27/2013
There are many reasons for consulting with a contract attorney. Here are our top 5.
- Attorneys will understand the nuances of the law and make sure the written documents memorialize the intent of the parties.
- They can protect the client’s interests against the other party, if, for example, one party is overreaching on some aspects of the contract or allocates discretionary matters.
- Other party likely has an attorney (you don’t want to be at a disadvantage).
- Attorney’s experience will enable them to include clauses for potential unexpected issues in the future, again to ensure as much as possible that the intent of the parties is fulfilled.
- Properly written contract could potentially prevent future problems that could arise and result in litigation – costing the client more money, and certain clauses controlling and where disputes get reduced, and who gets to recover their costs and attorneys fee, are essential.